The Difference Between Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain
A Diego Travel agency and Virtuoso client favorite domestic destination has always been Blackberry Farm and more recently, Blackberry Mountain – two luxury resorts in the Great Smoky Mountains of Walland, Tennessee. If you are undecided between which of these Virtuoso and Relais & Chateaux properties might be right for you, we are here to point you in the right direction. In addition to helping our clients navigate the differences between these two luxury resorts, as a proud affiliate of McCabe World Travel, we also offer our clients the following benefits:
- 5% off published rates
- $50 spa credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Priority room upgrade when available
- Personalized trip planning to make the most out of your vacation
- Custom Diego Travel welcome box with goodies for new clients
Both Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain are the perfect destinations for a wellness and spa weekend, a girlfriends getaway (see our blog on our moms’ trip to Blackberry Farm), a domestic honeymoon, or even a large family vacation, so how do you make the choice of which one is best for you? Well, just keep reading…
The pastoral Tennessee farm is situated on a 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, just 25 minutes from the Knoxville airport, also known as McGhee Tyson Airport or TYS, or you can drive 2.5 hours from Asheville, 3 hours from Nashville, or 3.5 hours from Atlanta. The two sister properties are located just 30 minutes apart, with Blackberry Mountain sitting at an elevation of 2,800 feet.
How to Get to Blackberry Farm & Blackberry Mountain
Why you should plan a trip to:
- There are 68 accommodations/rooms at Blackberry Farm
- Rooms range from a queen Historic room in the Main House to multi-bedroom homes
- Blackberry Farm includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Home to The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm (spa) for re-centering
- Activities include cycling, horseback riding, hiking, boating, water and paddle sports, fly-fishing, bird-watching, sporting clays, carriage rides and archery
- There are 18 large cabins and 6 traditional cabins and multi-bedroom homes at Blackberry Mountain
- Rooms range from a watchman queen cabin to a 5-bedroom private home
- Blackberry Mountain includes breakfast and dinner, but lunch is not included in the rates
- Home to Nest, the naturopathic spa focused on self-discovery
- Activities include diverse hiking options, destination picnics, fitness classes, rock climbing, camping, mountain biking, sporting clays, tree climbing, fly-fishing, boating, water and paddle sports
What Is The Highlight at:
Who Should Visit?
Need Help Deciding Which One Is Right For You?
We are always here to walk our clients through questions, itineraries, and custom trip planning. If you really can’t decide which property you’ll enjoy more, then we say why not enjoy both?! You can easily spend a few days at each, but keep in mind that during peak seasons, there may be minimum stays at each. We also recommend booking at least six months in advance to get your preferred date, and more if you are planning a large group vacation or a wedding. You can Contact Us us to start planning your next escape to Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain. We can’t wait to make your stay extra special!